CALP - Certified Apartment Leasing Professional Program
Class Dates: February 21, 22, & 23
All classes run each day from 9:00am - 1:00pm EST.
This Class is Hybrid (both in-person and online)
In-person learning will take place in IAA's training room, located at 9200 Keystone Crossing Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet and are responsible for generating traffic, conducting leasing demonstrations, overcoming objections and qualifying prospective residents. This program teaches all these skills and more.
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
Katrina Greene has over 20 years experience in the multifamily industry and is currently the Director of Property Management at Sheehan Property Management where she oversees operations for 2,400 units which includes subsidized, luxury, renovations, and lease-up communities. Katrina has a diverse background which also includes experience as an account executive on the vendor side, a single-family residential realtor, in addition to her many roles in multifamily operations through the years. Katrina has served on several committees for the IAA and notes that being named the Donald J. Williams Volunteer of the Year was one of her greatest honors. She claims that leasing is her "favorite job ever" and is always excited to conduct webinars and training for all in the industry.