Service Technician Program
Interested in Hiring a Candidate from IAA’s Service Technician Program?
The IAA Service Technician Program is the staffing solution for your service technician needs. In 2020, the program achieved 100% job placement of candidates who completed the program. This curriculum was designed by leading service team training expert Mark Cukro and consists of the following:
- Intro to the Multifamily Industry
- Basics of Electrical
- Basics of Appliance Repair
- Basics of Plumbing
- The Make-Ready Process
- Fair Housing for Maintenance
- Professionalism and Customer Service
To complete the training, students will be paired with a member for a 4-week paid internship; the member hosting the internship must pay the student a minimum of $15/hour. During the internship, candidates will be hired as part-time employees, working no more than 30 hours per week. Candidates are required to complete a minimum of 100 working hours throughout their internship. Each week, IAA will send both the onsite Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor the training checklist that must be completed with the student and sent back by the Property Manager to IAA for review. Upon completion of the internship, members will have the opportunity to hire the student full-time.
In order to be admitted into the program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or HSE.
- Have a valid social security number.
- Be able to pass a criminal background screening.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Be able to attend the entirety of the 5-day training and complete the 4-week internship program.
- Have a valid driver’s license or be eligible for a driver's license.
You’re just 5 steps away from hiring one of our students!
- Management companies interested in hiring a student for a 4-week paid internship should complete our interest form.
- Management companies will then receive a contract to review and complete if you choose to participate.
- After students complete the one week of training through IAA, management companies will then interview candidates and have an opportunity to extend an offer to candidates. IAA will pair students with management companies based on preferences.
- Upon completion of the 4-week internship, the management company can hire the student full-time or end the internship without an offer.
- Students that do not go full-time with the internship host will be allowed to interview with other management companies interested in hiring full-time.
*Student must complete in-class training to be eligible for internship placement interviews.
*Management Companies with instructors teaching modules of the Service Technician Training will have the first choice of candidates.
Investing in the candidates
The Service Technician Program invests in each candidate’s professional success between your management company and IAA. To retain and empower your newly-hired candidate from our program, IAA recommends enrolling your candidate in CAMT and CPO after a year of employment with your company.
Recognized Training Provider!
We are excited to announce the IAA Service Technician Program is now formally recognized as a Training Provider under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and has been approved for the Indiana Workforce Ready Grant!
This means any management company enrolled in the program that hires and retains a candidate for six months may qualify to receive reimbursement for the program's cost for each employee, pending available funds. Employers must submit an application and satisfy eligibility requirements to the state. IAA will have detailed information on how to apply for this grant once a management company enrolls in the program.