Service Technician Program
Interested in Hiring a Candidate from IAA’s Service Technician Program?
The IAA Service Technician Program is the staffing solution for your service technician needs. In 2020, the program achieved 100% job placement of candidates who completed the program. This curriculum was designed by leading service team training expert Mark Cukro and will consist of the following:
- Intro to the Multifamily Industry
- Basics of Electrical
- Basics of Appliance Repair
- Basics of Plumbing
- The Make-Ready Process
- Fair Housing for Maintenance
- Professionalism and Customer Service
To complete the training, students will be paired with a member for a 4-week paidinternship; the member hosting the internship must pay the student a minimum of $15/hour. During the internship, candidates are to be hired as part-time employees, working no more than 30 hours/week. Candidates are required to complete a minimum of 100 working hours throughout their internship. Each week, IAA will send both the onsite Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor the training checklist that must be completed with the student and sent back by the Property Manager toIAA for review. Upon the completion of the internship, members will have the opportunity to hire the student full-time.
In order to be admitted into the program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or HSE.
- Have a valid social security number.
- Be able to pass a criminal background screening.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Be able to attend the entirety of the 5-day training and complete the 4-weekinternship program.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
You’re just 5 steps away from hiring one of our students!
- Management Companies interested in hiring a student for a 4-week paidinternship complete our interest form and pay a $1,800 fee to IAA.
- Management Companies will then receive a list of eligible students to interviewfor their 4-week internship.
- Management Companies will then interview candidates of their choosing andextend an offer to three potential internship candidates. IAA will pair students
with management companies based on preferences.
- Upon completion of the 4-week internship, the management company canchoose to hire the student full-time or simply end the internship without an offer.
- Students that do not go full-time with the internship host will be allowed tointerview with other management companies interested in hiring full-time.
*Student must complete in-class training to be eligible for internship placement interviews.
* Students will be hired on a first-come, first-hire basis. Management Companies with instructors teaching modules of the Service Technician Training will have the first choice of candidates.
Investing in the candidates
The Service Technician Program is an investment into each individual candidate’s professional success between your management company and IAA. As a means to retain and empower your newly-hired candidatefrom our program, IAA requires the enrollment of your candidate in CAMT and encourages enrolling them in CPO to continue their professional education byenrolling them in the following certification program from their time of hire:
- CAMT Certification in 2022
Recognized Training Provider!
We are excited to announce the IAA Service Technician Program is now formally recognized as a Training Provider under the Work force Innovation and Opportunity Act and has been approved for the Indiana Work force Ready Grant!
This means any management company enrolled in the program that hires and retains a candidate for six months may qualify to receive reimbursement for the cost of the program for each employee, pending available funds. Employers must submit an application and satisfy eligibility requirements to the state. IAA will have detailed information on how to apply for this grant once a management company enrolls in the program.
*If your management company is interested in hiring more than one candidate. Contact Kara at email@example.com.
Participating Management Companies