Service Technician Program
Jumpstart your career as a Service Technician!
Work with your hands, solve problems, explore a career where no two days are ever alike, and never stop learning! As a residential property management service technician, you will prepare apartments for new residents, repair units of existing residents, and perform community upkeep. There are many advantages to a maintenance career path in the multifamily industry, even compared to other maintenance positions.
- Full-time, year-round work with no seasonal lulls.
- Personal interaction with residents and co-workers.
- Variety in your workday; no two days are the same.
- Learn various skills, from electrical, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, and so much more!
A service technician job is ideal for those who are self-motivated problem-solvers that are eager to learn. With time and dedication, there is room for you to grow professionally beyond the service technician role.
Annual Base Salary:
- Entry Level: $38,937
- Maintenance Supervisor: $53,352
- Some employers offer rent reductions of 20% or more.
*These salaries do not reflect every market and may be higher or lower depending on geographical area and employer.
Joining the program is EASY:
- No experience is needed!
- The program is FREE to you.
- You’ll receive valuable education and hands-on training through our internship.
- Upon completion, we’ll match you with a company ready to hire!
Once accepted into the program, students will attend class from 8:45 AM – 5:00 PM with one half-hour break for lunch. Students of the program must be prepared to attend all five (5) days of training and complete their 4-week paid internship before being hired on by a management company. Each day of the program will be instructed by a qualified professional in the multifamily industry utilizing our set curriculum. The internship will be with a member of IAA that will provide hands-on experience. Following the internship, you will have the opportunity to interview with management companies to be hired full-time as a service technician.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or HSE.
- You must have a valid social security number.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background screening.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must attend the entirety of the 5-day training and complete the 4-week internship program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.