SAL Visionary Leadership Program
The SAL Leadership Series empowers successful, experienced multifamily leaders to grow their management skills and become visionary leaders to inspire their teams. This program continues to be updated to bring our members the cutting-edge tools, knowledge,and practices to become more dynamic, emotionally intelligent leaders.
This leadership series was created in 2008 to honor the legacy of Sally A. Lentz-Crouse, a pioneer in the multifamily industry. Sally’s mentorship and leadership skills were essential in growing industry leaders then and living on through this program. This annual leadership series comprises four critical thinking workshops, and all are brought together in the final Visionary Leadership Capstone at the end of the program.
Member: $750 Workshop & Capstone, $550 Workshop Only
Non-Member: $980 Workshop & Capstone, $700 Workshop Only
Enroll today to become a leader of tomorrow and earn your IAA: SAL Visionary Leadership badge!
- 2024 Kickoff Virtual Orientation: May 7 from 11 AM - Noon EST *(this will be online only)
- 2024 Workshop Dates: May 14, June 18, July 16, and August 13 from 9 AM-12 PM EST *(these are offered Hybrid- both in-person and on-line)
- 2024 Visionary Capstone Date: September 17 from 9 AM-1 PM EST *
- In-person attendees (lunch will be provided starting at Noon)
- Virtual attendees, the roundtable ends at noon EST
2024 Registration Opens Soon!
Each year, the Anthony G. Gorup Education Foundation grants scholarships to multifamily professionals seeking to take their careers to the next level. The 2024 scholarship application is now available. Click here to apply.
Workshop 1: Leadership Roadmap – May 14
- Lay the groundwork for your success as a leader
- Develop the fundamental skillset that leaders often overlook
- Explore the 4-I Model of Interaction, Inquiry, and Influence
- Understand how to navigate the complexities of management
Workshop 2: Being an Emotionally Intelligent Leader – June 18
- Define your personal core values and authentically incorporate them into your work life
- Outline your boundaries to live your truth while inspiring others to follow you
- Create an action plan to bring your best self into the office
Workshop 3: Deal With It! Handling Constant Change – July 16
- Learn how to disrupt the status quo while setting your team up for success
- Explore the difference between leading and managing
- Focus on purpose to stabilize and motivate your team
- Establish direction with your team to align the vision and execute the strategy
Workshop 4: Managing You is Killing Me! – August 13
- Improve your effectiveness as a manager to increase staff productivity and positivity
- Avoid the triggers that affect the way you manage others
- Learn how to adjust for your leadership style but still be authentic
- Reduce the stressors of oversight, one breath at a time
Visionary Leadership Capstone – September 17
- Join us for the Visionary Leadership Capstone session to close out the 2024 SAL Leadership Series! This collaborative enrichment capstone will be hosted in-person at IAA’s training facility in Indianapolis, with the option to join virtually.
During the Capstone, attendees will collaborate with cohorts and facilitator Tom Meier to equip themselves with the vision and practices to galvanize a team and inspire collective, coordinated action. Following the capstone session, attendees will learn about their digital SAL Visionary Leadership badge and enjoy a reception with networking opportunities.
Meet the Instructor
Tom Meier is a human resource consultant with more than 25 years of experience in the areas of organizational and employee development. His areas of expertise include career management, leadership development, personality assessment, and organizational change. Tom’s client service background has ranged from workshop facilitation for large groups to providing individualized coaching services for executive, management, and staff-level employees.
In addition to graduating from Indiana University, Tom has received the MarshallGoldsmith Executive Coaching certification and is a qualified administrator of the Strong Interest Inventory, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and the Lominger suite of 360 development products, and The Hogan series of workplace performance assessments.
Industries included property management, insurance, banking, health care, manufacturing, service, academia, and not-for-profits. Clients Tom has partnered with include IAA, JP Morgan Chase, Unum Insurance, Indiana Farm Bureau, Lincoln National Insurance, Butler University, Eli Lilly and Company, Hewlett Packard, and Sallie Mae.