SAL Visionary Leadership Program
The SAL Leadership Series empowers successful, experienced multifamily leaders to grow their management skills and become visionary leaders to inspire their teams. This program continues to be updated to bring our members the cutting-edge tools, knowledge,and practices to become more dynamic, emotionally intelligent leaders.
This leadership series was created in 2008 to honor the legacy of Sally A. Lentz-Crouse, a pioneer in the multifamily industry. Sally’s mentorship and leadership skills were essential in growing industry leaders then and living on through this program. This annual leadership series comprises four critical thinking workshops, and all are brought together in the final Visionary Leadership Capstone at the end of the program.
Enroll today to become a leader of tomorrow and earn your IAA: SAL Visionary Leadership badge!
- 2023 Kickoff Virtual Orientation: April 19 from 11 AM - Noon EST *(this will be online only)
- 2023 Workshop Dates: May 24, June 21, July 19, and August 16 from 9 AM-12 PM EST *(these are offered Hybrid- both in-person and on-line)
- 2023 Visionary Capstone Date: September 8 from 9 AM-1 PM EST *
- In-person attendees (lunch will be provided starting at Noon)
- Virtual attendees, the roundtable ends at noon EST
Each year, the Anthony G. Gorup Education Foundation grants scholarships to multifamily professionals seeking to take their careers to the next level. The 2024 scholarship application will be available come January 2024.
Workshop 1: Leadership Roadmap – May 24
- Lay the groundwork for your success as a leader
- Develop the fundamental skillset that leaders often overlook
- Explore the 4-I Model of Interaction, Inquiry, and Influence
- Understand how to navigate the complexities of management
Workshop 2: Being an Emotionally Intelligent Leader – June 21
- Define your personal core values and authentically incorporate them into your work life
- Outline your boundaries to live your truth while inspiring others to follow you
- Create an action plan to bring your best self into the office
Workshop 3: Deal With It! Handling Constant Change – July 19
- Learn how to disrupt the status quo while setting your team up for success
- Explore the difference between leading and managing
- Focus on purpose to stabilize and motivate your team
- Establish direction with your team to align the vision and execute the strategy
Workshop 4: Managing You is Killing Me! – August 16
- Improve your effectiveness as a manager to increase staff productivity and positivity
- Avoid the triggers that affect the way you manage others
- Learn how to adjust for your leadership style but still be authentic
- Reduce the stressors of oversight, one breath at a time
Visionary Leadership Capstone – September 8
Join us for the Visionary Leadership Capstone session to close out the 2023 SAL Leadership Series! This collaborative enrichment capstone will be hosted in-person at IAA’s training facility in Indianapolis, with the option to join virtually.
During the Capstone, attendees will collaborate with cohorts and facilitator Tom Meier to equip themselves with the vision and practices to galvanize a team and inspire collective, coordinated action. Following the capstone session, attendees will learn about their digital SAL Visionary Leadership badge and enjoy a reception with networking opportunities.