EPA Section 608 Technician Certification
Section 608 of the Federal Clean Air Act requires people who work with regulated refrigerants to become certified. Enroll in this course to comply with regulations essential for supporting an apartment community.
This course includes four sections for the first-time test-takers and second-time test-takers in the community:
- Section 1 reviews environmental issues surrounding the impact of Class I and II refrigerants
- Section 2 covers the test and instruction for systems with less than 5 pounds of refrigerant (Type I certification)
- Section 3 includes the test and instruction for high-pressure refrigerants such as HCFC 22, including split-system air conditioners (Type II certification)
- Section 4 contains the test and instruction for systems that use a low-pressure refrigerant such as CFC11 (Type III certification)
Re-Testing Requirement: Students are required to provide proof of previous scores to re-test.
Instructed by: Joe Powell, Director of Maintenance at Sheehan Property Management
- Full Class & Test: $170/member, $285/non-member
- Class & Re-Test: $144/member, $220/non-member
- Re-Test Only: $75/member, $100/non-member