Certified Apartment Manager Certification
Earning a CAM designation allows mid-level staff to demonstrate that they have the knowledge and ability to manage an apartment community and achieve owners’ investment goals. This course is recommended for multifamily professionals with strong financial backgrounds and those ready to take the next step in their careers.
- 2022 CAM Slam Program Dates (These classes will be held via Zoom meeting): October 17-21 (All dates required)
CAM allows professionals to expand their expertise in the following areas:
- Occupancy rates
- Comprehensive marketing plans
- Sales team management and product readiness
- Equitable treatment of current and potential residents
- Resident retention and the maintenance of a positive company image
- Consistent and ongoing resident communication
- Positive resident service and issue resolution
- Enforcement of company policy in compliance with laws and regulations
- Property inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Service request process
- Apartment turnover process
- Contractors and vendors
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of high-caliber employees
- Systematic employee evaluation
- Analysis of the property’s financial operations with corrective actions for underperformance
- Monitoring of property performance to achieve the owner’s investment goals
- Employment regulations and record-keeping
- Accounting principles and practices
- Maximizing net operating income
- Reporting property performance honestly and accurately
CAM candidates must complete the coursework and exam within 6 months of declaring candidacy. A minimum of 12 months of onsite property management experience is required.
Take this CAM Self-Assessment tool to see whether you are ready for CAM.
CAM SLAM Instructor: Charlotte Pisciotta, Vice President of Full House Marketing, Inc.
Each year, the Anthony G. Gorup Education Foundation grants scholarships to multifamily professionals seeking to take their careers to the next level. Click here to learn about and apply for the 2022 CAM scholarship.