2022 Maintenance Leadership Toolkit
IAA Training Room9200 Keystone Crossing Ste 150 Indianapolis, IN 46240 United States
This class will be Hybrid (online OR in-person). All classes run from 1:00pm - 4:00pm EST except for the Leadership Roundtable which runs from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- December 8, 2022 - Module One: Managing People Basics
- December 15, 2022 - Module Two: Communicating Expectations
- January 5, 2023 - Module Three: Proactive Problem Solving
- January 12, 2023 - Module Four: Dealing with Difficult People
- January 26, 2023
Enroll today to become a leader of tomorrow and earn your Maintenance Leadership micro credential! The Maintenance leadership toolkit empowers maintenance professionals to grow their management skills and become the visionary leader to inspire their teams. This customized program will prepare maintenance professionals to create better reporting relationships by identifying basic competencies such as communication expectations and proactive problem solving, which are critical to leading a property management maintenance team.
Module One: Managing People Basics - December 8, 2022 from 1pm-4pm EST
- Discover the four phases of effectively managing people and production and identify how each phase is geared to resolve a specific leadership challenge.
- Learn how to develop Trust as a core element of any successful work team and identify the ways trust can be unintentionally destroyed.
- Explore common challenges that crop up for any supervisor related to managing results and leading people.
Module Two: Communicating Expectations - December 15, 2022 from 1pm-4pm EST
- Understand the four critical boxes of time management and priority setting necessary for leading people.
- Learn how your communication style might be leading you down a bad path of macro or micro-management.
- Identify the 4 hidden reasons behind non-performance and how to avoid them.
Module Three: Proactive Problem Solving - January 5, 2023 from 1pm-4pm EST
- Learn how to embrace change by understanding the phases required to help you, and those you lead, move forward with a minimum of stress and drama.
- Understand how people get stuck in the past and what you can do as a leader to help.
- Understand how to tackle problems with a different perspective and a set of successful, basic tools.
Module Four: Dealing with Difficult People - January 12, 2023 from 1pm-4pm EST
- Understand your own stress response and how it can destroy your ability to manage a difficult interaction.
- Set boundaries to help you gain control of the conversation and diffuse unnecessary drama and emotion.
- Learn how to walk through a process that will help you keep your talking points on track and avoid “triggering” the other person.
- Identify “temper tantrums” and learning how to shut down someone in the middle of an immaturity attack.
Maintenance Leadership Roundtable - January 26, 2023 from 10am-2pm EST
During this final interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their learning, share what they have put successfully into use, and explore the best practices of other participants.
Meet Your Instructor: Tom Meier is a human resource consultant with more than 25 years of experience in the areas of organizational and employee development. His areas of expertise include career management, leadership development, personality assessment, and organizational change. Tom’s client service background has ranged from workshop facilitation for large groups to providing individualized coaching services for executive, management, and staff level employees. In addition to graduating from Indiana University, Tom has received the Marshall Goldsmith Executive Coaching certification and is a qualified administer of the Strong Interest Inventory, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Lominger suite of 360 development products, and The Hogan series of workplace performance assessments. Industries served include property management, insurance, banking, healthcare, manufacturing, service, academia, and not-for-profits. Clients Tom has partnered with include IAA, JP Morgan Chase, Unum Insurance, Indiana Farm Bureau, Lincoln National Insurance, Butler University, Eli Lilly and Company, Hewlett Packard, and Sallie Mae.
* No cancellations or refunds accepted within two days of course/event.