Chapter: Apartment Association of Fort Wayne
As a member of the Indiana Apartment Association, you can choose to join the the Apartment Association of Fort Wayne (AAFW). AAFW is a Chapter of the Indiana Apartment Association that serves the greater Fort Wayne area. Counties served include: LaGrange, Steuben, Kosciusko, Noble, DeKalb, Whitley, Allen, Huntington, Wells, and Adams.
The purpose of AAFW is to promote, advise, and protect the general interest of the construction, ownership, and management of multi-family housing by engaging and uniting industry members through informative and engaging educational and networking events. Click here for more information on local dues.
Incorporated and chartered in October 1978, the Apartment Association of Fort Wayne-NE Indiana (AAFW-NEI) is a non-profit trade organization covering the ten county area of northeastern Indiana. Its purpose is to represent owners, managers, maintenance personnel, leasing consultants and those who supply goods and services to the home rental industry. The AAFW-NEI is also affiliated with the Indiana Apartment Association and the National Apartment Association. Currently, its membership represents over 22,000 rental units.
The Mission of the AAFW-NEI is to provide education and resources to our community, legislatively advocate on behalf of the rental housing industry and promote an educated and skilled workforce.
AAFW’s resources extend throughout the Fort Wayne area, the state of Indiana, and at the national level. As an IAA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. Becoming involved with your local multifamily network will allow you to make valuable connections with peers, share knowledge and gain insights into the latest trends in your profession.
- Direct connections with local government resources to keep you informed of local issues
- IAA monitors and advocates on your behalf to ensure legislation advances multifamily interests
- Position yourself for promotional opportunities. Practice leadership skills through volunteerism
- Exchange best practices and develop leadership and management skills when you attend local meetings and events
- Attend free or discounted courses and seminars designed to increase industry knowledge, promote professionalism, and provide better services to apartment renters and owners
- Utilize the Click and Lease Program to improve accuracy, save time and money, and protect your community
- Recruit the best talent by posting your open positions and connect with job seekers
- IAA actively advocates on your behalf at the Indiana General Assembly
- Attend the largest regional multifamily conference in the Midwest. Learn about new products and services, attend educational courses to hear nationally-known speakers and network with peers
- Access to the IAA website that allows members to share advice on topics of professional interest
- Receive a free subscription to IAA’s award-winning trade publication, INSites, which keeps members informed on local, state, and national activities
- Protecting the industry through local, state and national advocacy initiatives and grassroots mobilization.
- Network and learn about national apartment trends at NAA Meetings and Expositions.
- National award-winning monthly magazine and newsletters to keep you updated.
Upcoming Events and Education in Fort Wayne
Educate your team members by attending one of the great education seminars ranging from property management to leasing skills to hands-on maintenance know-how planned throughout the year, national designation programs (NALP, CAM, CAMT) or CFC Certification classes. Monthly Breakfast Connection meetings, the second Tuesday of each month, also include mini-education topics and updates on local ordinances.
Click below to view upcoming AAFW opportunities!
Costs may vary.
Local Associate Members of AAFW
Save time and receive the best quote possible by buying from IAA-vetted Associate Members. Search for vendors and service professionals servicing the Fort Wayne area and connect with a specific contact committed to ensuring you receive the best possible product or service. Thank you for supporting IAA associate member business!
Peggy Meyer, Executive Director
Address: 5530A Saint Joe Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46835
Phone: (260) 482-2916
Fax: (260) 482-5187