Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor
Earning a CAPS designation is enhances professional careers in the property management field. This credential may contribute to career advancement and corresponding earning potential.
- 2022 CAPS Express Program Dates (These classes will be held via Zoom meeting): July 26-28 (all dates required)
* Please note, this course is an accelerated course of the CAPS certification.
Register for the 2022 course here.
Experienced staff can capitalize on their professionalism and resources by expanding their knowledge in the following areas:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To earn the CAPS certification, students must complete the coursework and pass the exam within 6 months of declaring candidacy. Minimum experience requirement of 24 months in multi-site property management or be a CAM, ARM, RAM credential holder in good standing.
Instructed by: Angie Atkins, Senior Director of Operations at the Garrett Companies