CAPS - Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential. Advance your career path in the multifamily industry with this nationally recognized designation - get your CAPS today!
*Please note, this course is an accelerated course of the CAPS certification
This class is virtual only and runs from April 9th - 11th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Pass the CAPS exam within six (6) months of declaring candidacy
In order to receive credit for attending the certification course, attendees are required to turn on their video camera at all times during class and participate in any poll questions/open discussion from the instructor.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Pam has a unique ability to provide training materials in a captivating and entertaining format and facilitates presentations and webinars nationally for the Multifamily industry. She began her career over 35 years ago with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in Indianapolis, Indiana. Her next role led her to the Gene B. Glick Company, enjoying 23 years in various positions, including the Director of Training for nine years. In 2017, Pam joined Edge2Learn as the Director of Engagement and Communications, where she shared her passion for training until she retired from full-time employment in 2022.
In 2023, she launched Pam Pederson – Enthusiastically Consulting, taking what she’s learned to help others continue their learning journey.
Pam has volunteered with the Indiana Apartment Association for over 16 years, receiving the Volunteer of the Year Award in 2011.