Fair Housing & Beyond
"Fair Housing is the right thing to do because it's part of the moral and ethical base of this country. We all want the opportunity to be treated fairly, we want the opportunity to live where our choices allow us to and we should not be subject to the kind of discriminatory practices that might have existed 50 and 60 years ago. Fair Housing allows for fair treatment for all of our citizens and we are all entitled to that."
Howard Campbell, PhD, CPM
Ball State University
Residential Property Management Program
Fair Housing & Beyond Class
- Sets New Standards in Fair Housing Training!
- Uses DVD delivered scenarios to demonstrate how real life situations
require critical thinking and prudent decision making.
- Vividly shows the serious consequences of incorrect responses and provides coaching on how to avoid costly mistakes.
- Delivers relevant knowledge of fair housing essentials - practical explanations of how federal, state and local protected classes and barred discriminatory acts impact property operations.
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time: Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: IAA Barrett Center,
9100 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN
$79 for IAA/NAA/IREM Member
$109 for Non-Member
Course Topics Include
- The Protected Classes and Discrimination: Self Assessment, the need for fair housing education with all staff, federal protected classes, state/municipal/local fair housing protections, discrimination by differential treatment and disparate impact, a closer look at discrimination and the fair housing protections.
- Focus on Disability: Discrimination and the disability protection, demonstrating sensitivity and awareness, reasonable accommodations and modifications.
- Fair Housing and Property Operations: Communication protocols, handling resident complaints, documentation and statute of limitations, resident selection guidelines, occupancy standards, fair credit reporting and advertising guidelines.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is approved for four CECs for those with a broker/salesperson license
Register for Fair Housing & Beyond Class>>